In this economy and time of stiff competition, it is a much appreciated gift to write reviews for the businesses that provide you with superior products and fantastic service.
Of course you can also write negative reviews for the businesses that have disappointed you. Often a bad experience is a strong motivator to write online feedback, but I encourage you to take a few minutes to help out the small local businesses that have served you well.
I encourage you to do this, not only for the food establishments and retailers, but also your service providers that you may only work with occasionally or on a one-time basis – your accountant, business attorney, insurance agent, graphic designer, realtor, electrician, web developer and marketing consultant…..to name a few.
Here are instructions for writing a Google Places Review as of 2/2/12. It’s not as complicated as it looks and I have provide visuals for your convenience.
How to Write a Google Review on Google Places:
1. Search for the business on Google.com or Google Maps.
2. Once you’ve located the business you’d like to review, click the more info link next to the business name in the left panel. The information window will expand with additional options.
3. Click the Write a Review link located above the address of the business.
4. Be as specific as you can about what you liked about working with the company or individual. The more details you can provide, the more compelling the review. And the more helpful it will be for potential customers.
5. Give your review a title and rating (click on the stars).
6. Click Save.
You need to be signed in to your Google Account to write a review. If you’re not signed in, you’ll be prompted to either sign in or create a Google Account. (see the visual instructions below)
NOTE: Your Google Account nickname will appear next to all of the reviews that you write. To change your nickname, go to your Google account settings and click Edit profile.
If you don’t have a Google Account or are not signed in you will land on this page:
Next you will see this Page:
Enter your info and click “I accept Create my account” at the bottom.
You should then be returned automatically to the Google Places Page where you were but if not you can just do a Google search for name of the business and city and state – for example: “Radiant Electric Raymond NH”
Once you are back on the page. Click the “Write a Review” button again.
Be sure to give your Review a TITLE and a RATING (click the stars).
Then click “SAVE.”
Your REVIEW is very valuable to the company for which it was written. It is a great expression of appreciation for a “job well done.”
Your Review helps the business in the following ways:
• getting the business known online
• improving Search Engine Optimization and Google ranking
• publicizing the services and quality customer service the company provides
• displaying feedback from customers which is one of the most effective ways to get new customers
So….“don’t forget your servers” and help them out by writing a Google Review. And don’t be shy – write a Yelp review and a review on any other business directory sites you can find.
Hi there, I am trying to write a review for a business and everything looks ok but when I go onto the business to see it, its not their…? Its been over a week since I wrote it. I have just gone through your notes step by step and still has not worked, please help 🙂
I wish I could help but over the last 6 months I have seen a lot of weird things happen on the Google Places sites which are now Google Plus Pages. I had two reviews vanish from my page with no way of getting them back. I have also had my page hacked with a Chinese ad for a local hotel. Google removed it once and now it’s back. A client of mine had problems with someone trying to write a review for them and not having it show up either. I am totally frustrated with Google Place/Plus pages. The only thing I can suggest is to contact Google and ask them about your issue.